- To participate for at least two months and always show up on time.
– We postpone initial meetings if everybody cannot be present.
– Over time, we may reduce meeting frequency.
- To be a humble and responsible co-creator of our group experience.
– We are on our own, assembled to explore the gifts we can offer each other and the world.
– We are exploring a monumental leap of our evolution, beyond humanity’s separated state for which there is no full model yet.
- To be fully present, friendly, and transparent about my feelings, my strengths and my shadows.
- To speak my truth in ways that respect other people’s truth.*
– Our views of reality may differ, but speaking one’s truth in a Circle of Trust does not mean interpreting, correcting or debating what others say.
- To use this opportunity to observe my own reactions, and learn from insightful impulses offered by my higher self.
– I remember that whenever I feel frustrated, annoyed, disappointed, offended, stressed, or contracted I am in my small, conditioned self.
– First: I congratulate myself for noticing it.
– Second: I take a deep breath, feel my body, relax, become soft and open my heart. I invite myself to notice the difference.
- To turn to wonder when the going gets rough*
– If I feel judgmental or defensive, I ask myself “I wonder what brought them to this belief?” “I wonder what my reaction teaches me about myself?”
– I set aside judgement to listen to others – and to myself – more deeply.
- To trust and learn from silence.*
– I recognize silence is a gift in our noisy world, and a way of knowing in itself.
– I treat silence as a member of the group.
– After someone has spoken, I take the time to reflect without immediately filling the space with words.
- To maintain confidentiality about personal or sensitive sharing in the group.
- To voice any displeasure about the process to the group and work to find a way so that everybody benefits from our time together.
– I accept that our group experience is like a laboratory, and may involve unexpected challenges (= opportunities to learn and grow).
- To create a conscious space to co-evolve any traumas or wounds that may be triggered, authentically and compassionately.
* From Circle of Trust Touchstones, www.couragerenewal.org